I want to warn you about some lotto scams going round.
Most emails advising that you have won a prize in a lottery that you did not enter are an outright scam. Some of these have illegally used the Silver Lotto System website as a cover.
Don't get fooled - get wise. Ask yourself:
- Did I even enter their draw?
- Did I pay money to play their online or offline game?
- Does it all sound too official? (This is your warning...official-looking emails are designed to make you think they're real).
1. If your answer is no to any question, then ignore them. Don't even reply to their email. Delete it straight away too, so no-one else gets burned.
2. Don't call any phone number they give you. They usually have a boiler-room operation designed to trap you and convince you they are authentic.
3. And most importantly - do NOT send money, your credit card numbers, your bank account, social security number, driver's license or your ID - or anything - to anyone that "needs" it for authentication or payout. Don't pay them a dime!
You might be tempted to check the scam out on a scammer website. I wouldn't bother. Sometimes anti-scam websites are scams.
Avoid them - and do nothing.