A winning lottery ticket is as good as money. So you need to take the same precautions with your winning ticket as you would a large sum of cash.
The best place is in a bank safe, but sometimes that's not always possible - if you win in the weekend for example.
Here are 21 places that burglars are unlikely to search for your lottery ticket in your home:
- Inside toys in your children's bedroom.
- Inside a book. Remember the page number!
- In the back of a framed picture, between the picture and the backing board.
- Rolled up inside a coffee cup, on a top shelf.
- Under a home entertainment center. Use a shifting trolley to lift it.
- Inside fake electrical outlets.
- In a CD/DVD case.
- Taped to your chest.
- In heating and AC ducts.
- In a hollowed out space in furniture.
- Behind baseboards.
- Under floorboards.
- Inside the top of a hollowed-out door.
- Buried in houseplant soil in a plastic bag.
- In the pocket of a coat hanging in your wardrobe.
- Buried in the garden.
- Inside a false pipe in the basement.
- Inside the service panel of your washing machine or dryer.
- Taped under low fixtures, shelves etc.
- In waterproof containers in the toilet water tank or dehumidifier.
- In a plastic bag inside coffee, flour, rice jars etc.