Veronica Balbas holds some Mega Millions lottery tickets. Photo: Jonathan Alcorn/Reuters
You've filled out your tickets from the Silver Lotto System. But some essential bills have just came in and you're a bit short of play money this week.
Here's a quick way to work out how much you can spend on your next game...
1. Number your tickets. When you filled them out, they were in order. So go through them all and number them from 1 onwards. Write these numbers on the back of course!
2. Cost out the tickets. Figure out how much each ticket costs to play. If you've got 6 boxes on a ticket, and each box cost $1, that's $6 a ticket.
3. Set your budget limit. If you can only spend $20 for the next game and each ticket costs $6, multiply by 3, that's $18. So take the top three tickets you marked 1, 2, 3 and use those. And you've got two dollars over for a burger!
IMPORTANT! When you're going to play the next game, make sure you still use the numbered tickets in the same order.
Here's an example of more costs using the $6 per ticket:
- For a $30 budget you'll be using the first 5 tickets numbered 1-5.
- For a $60 spend, use the first 10 tickets numbered from 1-10.
Remember, you MUST play the same tickets each time, always starting from ticket no.1. Good luck!