M. Faroqui, left, celebrates the sale of a winning Powerball ticket at a 7-Eleven in Chino Hills. PHOTO: Michael Robinson Chavez / Los Angeles Times
The $1.5 Billion Powerball has been won by three tickets, and it's not surprising.
Because most of the numbers were at the low end of the scale where many casual players calculate their lucky numbers.
Numbers like birth dates, anniversaries and such... all numbers that go up to the maximum days of the month: 31.
The winning numbers in the 5 ball, 69 number and up to 26 bonus ball games were: 4, 8 ,19 27, 34 and 10.
The amount of course was the big attractor for hundreds of millions of players.
Powerball organisers said that about 85% of all possible number combinations had been played.
That's not saturation point, so there was a lot of room to win, and it happened.
Three players shared over a billion dollars.
Mark Cuban gives some advice to the new Powerball winners.
Billionaire, Mark Cuban - best known for developing communications giant Broadcast.com - offered his advice in his local paper, the Dallas Morning News:
His 7 points make interesting reading:
1. [The first thing you should do is] hire a tax attorney.
2. Don't take the lump sum. You don't want to blow it all in one spot.
3. If you weren't happy yesterday, you won't be happy tomorrow. It's money. It's not happiness.
4. If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It's money. Life gets easier when you don't have to worry about the bills.
5. Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need.
6. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs $1 million for anything. No one needs $100,000 for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.
7. You don't become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don't make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won't lose money.
He also shared one last bonus tip: "Be nice. No one likes a mean billionaire. :)"