Isabel Zelaya of New York won $26 million dollars from the Mega Millions lotto drawing on "unlucky" Friday the 13th.
Acting, horse racing and sports players are big users of superstitions to enhance their skills. But lottery plays by a different set of rules. What do you think?
So I wonder how useful these following superstitions are...
1. Passing a lottery ticket over the back of a black cat.
2. Passing a lotto ticket over the belly of a pregnant woman.
3. Keeping an old iron key in your pocket while buying.
4. Entering the lottery store with your left foot.
5. Asking for your lottery ticket be given to you by the lottery seller's right hand.
6. Using Personal Destiny Numbers for tickets: eg, adding all the numbers in your date of birth... 1/6/1948 becomes your PDN of 29.
7. Carrying a good luck charm when buying the tickets... a wooden stick, horseshoes, 4 leaf clover, rabbit's foot, medallion.
8. Using numbers or information from a dream.
9. Picking numbers from a pair of dice.
10. Applying special numbers. 8 is a popular Chinese lucky number.
11. Avoiding certain numbers. But 43% of French people think that 13 is a lucky number.
12. Using numbers from a fortune cookie.
13. Wearing a pin pinned upside down on the inside of your collar when buying your tickets.
14. Avoiding wearing red or yellow clothing when buying tickets.
15. Putting a large silver coin in your shoe when buying your lottery ticket.
16. Needing to buy something else in the lottery store, or your tickets will be unlucky.
17. Rubbing the head of a bald man before buying your tickets.