Do you look forward to the coming week? Have you got a job that inspires you, invigorates you and makes you look forward to the future?
You're unusual. A poll conducted by Monster.com found that 78% of surveyed adults worldwide experience the 'Sunday night blues' on a regular basis.
Most people dread the week ahead, and that's why thinking about winning the lottery can be an important task for the weekend. It makes you feel positive about the week and gives you something to look forward to.
Here's some more ideas you can do to make a difference to your week.
1. Do the week's tasks ahead of time if you can. For example, early on Mondays I have to transfer some money from one bank account to another in order to pay an automatic bill. So I do it on Sunday night instead. This helps me sleep better knowing that there is one less task to do for the new week.
2. Spend time with family and friends. It's the perfect way to forget about the worries of the week ahead, and to round off the weekend. Caitlin Andrews, a librarian featured in the book 'What The Most Successful People Do On The Weekend' by Laura Vanderkam, says her extended family gets together for dinner almost every Sunday, alternating houses. "It takes my mind off any Sunday night blues that might be coming on," she said. You might also make Sunday a movie or spa night, or you could join a Sunday night bowling league.
3. Make sure your tickets are in a safe place. There are numerous stories of players who forget where they left their winning tickets, and this can be a recipe for disaster. Make sure you have a set place for your tickets, and put your coupons back in the same spot also after your lotto store visit.
Wishlist: Euromillions US$75 million (£45 million) jackpot winners Matt and Cassey Topham plan this dream home. Photo: The Guardian
4. Sunday night is the time to think about your wish list. Maybe you have some new items you want to add to it... now's the time. Sundays should be a day of anticipation, and reviewing your wishlist makes the week flash by.
5. Successful people like to look at their calendars on Sunday night and set work goals and deadlines for the upcoming week. Lottery players check the day of the week that they will be playing and have their tickets ready to go.
Get your week off to a great start with these ideas, and you'll notice a difference in the way you look at the time ahead.